Wednesday, January 4, 2012

YOU CAN FINALLY DOWNLOAD MY BOOK!!!

Happy days are finally here for me.

With a little down time from the road I was able to finally get my book "Rudimental Technique and Analysis" available for download through an online merchant for only $9.99.  You can Download it NOW! Check out this promotional video on the book's features.



I started this book after I finished my first cruise ship contract.  After getting home I felt the need to step-up my playing so I started working monthly with Berklee professor and drumming icon Kenwood Dennard.  His lessons on timing, independence and technique opened up my ears to the core concepts of drumming.  I had always been a huge fan of the 26 standard drum corps rudiments so I started putting together a practice regiment that revolved around the simplicity of using just those twenty-six moves to better my playing.

As drummers we all know of these rudiments, but many of us are confused of how they can be used.  Sure anyone can play a paradiddle, but it is a different thing to play that paradiddle to your metronome at various note values.  In my sabbatical with Kenwood and my private studies I found that I could use these basic techniques to develop my hand technique, double bass foot technique, timing, and independence.  I then used my experience as a graphic designer to chart out how each rudiment can be played to the click with your hands and feet, how they can be used for fills, grooves, and how you can gain your independence with them.



I recorded samples of myself playing through each exercise and had originally planned to get the book published, but thanks to the ol' Internet I was able to convert the entire book into a PDF format that includes the audio samples embedded in each lesson.  You can learn more about the book at my website www.jeremylarochelle.com or if you are feeling frisky download it today from e-junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment